Annual Holiday event – FREE Family Friendly Fun WIVK / Fowlers Christmas Parade includes a selection of high school bands, dancers, colorful floats, animals, local celebrities and national entertainers marching down historic Gay Street which ends with a much anticipated appearance from Santa Claus.
Get ready for Christmas in the City! Mark your calendars so you don’t miss a thing. Link here.
Friday, Nov. 25, 2011 at 6:00 p.m.
- Downtown Knoxville becomes a Christmas village with caroling, marshmallow roasting & unique shopping at the Christmas Market (Market open Nov. 25 noon-9 p.m. on Market Street)
- Festivities at Krutch Park extension, Krutch Park, and Market Square
- Lighting of the 38 ft. First Tennessee Foundation tree
- Krutch Park sparkles with more than 100,000 lights
- Performances by Unity Choir and Clarence Brown Theatre
- FREE horse drawn carriage rides
- FREE pictures with Santa Claus
- FREE cookie decorating
- FREE snow cream & eggnog provided by Mayfield
- FREE hot cocoa by the Salvation Army
- Award winning WDVX personality Freddy Smith and his Christmas Chicken will emcee the Holiday Ho-Ho-Hoedown starting at 5 p.m. on Market Square Stage